SPECIALISTS IN ASTURIAN CHESTNUT
Asturias chestnut plays a strategic role in the local economy.
From the planting process to its transformation into wood of the finest quality, various regional industries benefit from this product which, with utmost regard and value for the environment where it is cultivated and processed, exhibits a bright future.
Such is Castaño de La Sierra, a metaphor of our guiding path: Rooted in the most brilliant history of Asturias, with great respect for the present and the environment, on our way towards a future exclusively filled with products of highest quality.
WE WORK WITH DIFFERENT CHESTNUT BOARD QUALITIES, DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF WORK AND DESIRED BUDGET
• Different finishes: planed and beveled.
• Grade A: (also known as “prime”): both sides “clean”
• Grade AB: one “clean” side
• Grade C (Rustic): made of grades A and AB with some small defects.
• Grade D (Second): admits large knots, among other defects. Ideal for roofing.
TRADITION AND EXPERTISE: OUR 100-YEAR HISTORY BACKS US UP WITH MORE THAN ONE MILLION M2 MANUFACTURED FROM CHESTNUT BOARDS
• Skilled workers: Experienced personnel trained by the company.
• Close relationship with suppliers and strategic geographic location.
• Efficient and environmentally-friendly drying processes, thanks to our own energy source, the “La Mouriente” Hydroelectric Power Plant.
• Transportation service with crane for unloading.
•Technical advice and moisture studies performed on site.